May 2, 2011

Book Talk Tuesday


It is Children's Book Week!  I hope this can be our biggest BTT yet! 
I have been searching the web for a great place to post book reviews for librarians and teachers to use in the classroom. Well, I am going to try hosting my own Book Talk Tuesday! I invite teachers, moms, dads and librarians to link to a recent book talk or book review that can be used by others.
My rules?
1. All content must be appropriate for children in grades kindergarten through eighth grade.
2. Websites that you link to must be child friendly since lots of kids visit this site and if they click on your link, I want it to be appropriate for them.
3. Positive reviews only, please... we only spread love here at The Lemme Library!
4. Books must be available in The US. (you are welcome to link to ARC reviews)
5. I reserve the right to remove any reviews that don't meet criteria 1-4.
In the link title field, be sure to include the title of the book you are reviewing and your site name. In the URL field, please link to this specific post that contains the book review (That way people don't have to scour your blog looking for it!)
I'd love it if you would leave a comment telling me about yourself! You are welcome to grab the Book Talk Tuesday graphic to use it on your blog.
1.6 Children's Books About Australia2.Three Picture Books About Family History
3.MINI RACER (Bigfoot Reads)4.The Genius Files
5.We Are In A Book! 6.Clever Jack Takes The Cake
7.Wheels of Change 8.Ugly Pie
9.Plague10.The Secret Garden - Best Illustrated Ed., Read Aloud Dad
11.George Shrinks (Katie @ Secrets & Sharing Soda)12.Junonia @ChocolateAir
13.In Search of the Light 14.Ghostly Novels (via Try Curiosity!)
15.Chicken Soup With Rice: A Book of Months (LitLad)16.The Buddy Files: The Lost Boy
17.The Strange Case of Origami Yoda18.Cheryl Rainfield: Ladder To the Moon
19.Tortilla Sun (@ Kidsmomo.com)20.Jen Robinson's Book Page (Everywhere Babies)
21.The Lost Hero (Boys Rule Boys Read)22.The Black Book of Buried Secrets (Boys Rule Boys Read)
23.The Three Furies24.Smooch Your Pooch
25.Babymouse: Queen of the World

3 comments:

  1. Violet the Telekinetic Puppy writes about a new picture book, MINI RACER by Kristy Dempsey and illustrated by Bridget Strevens-Marzo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always Kelly, thanks for hosting this book talk! One of my new favorite activities is coming back on Tuesday and clicking on all the links to book reviews.

    Rock On ;-)
    @lambertn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, this is really motivating me to write up reviews more regularly. I hope it continues. I love checking out everyone's work, too!

    Thanks everyone for posting and have a great week!
    Sarah @sducharme

    ReplyDelete