September 12, 2011

Book Talk Tuesday


I have been searching the web for a great place to post book reviews for librarians and teachers to use in the classroom. Well, I am going to try hosting my own Book Talk Tuesday! I invite teachers and librarians to link to a recent book talk or book review that can be used by others- to help purchase new books, learn about new books and to help give us book talk ideas. 
My rules? 
1. All content must be appropriate for children in grades kindergarten through eighth grade. 
NEW 2. Please link to your original content, not the content of others. 
3. Websites that you link to must be child friendly since lots of kids visit this site and if they click on your link, I want it to be appropriate for them. 
4. Positive reviews only, please... we only spread love here at The Lemme Library! 
5. Books must be available in The US. (you are welcome to link to ARC reviews)
6. I reserve the right to remove any reviews that don't meet criteria 1-5. 

In the link title field, be sure to include the title of the book you are reviewing and your site name. In the URL field, please link to this specific post that contains the book review (That way people don't have to scour your blog looking for it!)
*** For newcomers & visitors: Definition of "Book Talk" from Wikipedia: "A booktalk in the broadest terms is what is spoken with the intent to convince someone to read a book. The booktalker gives the audience a glimpse of the setting, the characters, and/or the major conflict without providing the resolution or denouement. Booktalks make listeners care enough about the content of the book to want to read it. A long booktalk is usually about five to seven minutes long and a short booktalk is generally thirty seconds to two minutes long.
***
This week marks the 1 year blogiversary of The Lemme Library Blog! I started this blog simply because I wanted to share a list of typing games with some 6th graders. Little did I know it would develop into a "real blog"... a labor of love, really. I love the new people and experiences I have come across because of this blog. I love how hard I have to work to write a really great review every time I read a book. Writing a blog, for me, has been a wonderful ting. I don't think I could keep it up if I didn't love it! The first time I say "Ah.... I HAVE to post", will be the last time I ever post. Thank you to all of you have stopped by now and then over the last 365 days! Sit a spell, look around and enjoy some birthday antics courtesy of Michael Scott! 
When you leave a comment- tell us about your blog history! How long have you been blogging? What motivated you to start a blog and what keeps you motivated now? What do you love most about blogging? What new connections has your blog brought you?


13 comments:

  1. I was watching the world championships in track and field and the announcer was shushing the crowd like I do school children. I've never heard that used on adults.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! One year is such a huge accomplishment and you've done an incredible job! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on one year! I love your book talk tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I love your thoughtful reviews and the way you encourage others to share their love of books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Kelly. Love your blog and the great service you provide in keeping us all connected and focused on BOOKS.

    My blog started as a way to keep track of all of my library classes. Coming from a middle school teaching background, I wasn't used to having SO MANY different classes to prepare for. Blogging helped me keep it straight, forced me to reflect, and communicated to parents.

    Three years later, I'm still chugging along!

    Have a great week everyone,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your one-year blogiversary! We just reached our second, and it really is hard to believe how quickly time flies! The best part has definitely been the smart and sometimes hilarious comments and review submissions from kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy blogiversary!! I've also been blogging for about a year. I didn't really think blogging was for me, but I guess I was still curious about it and so attended a session on blogging at a writer's conference. I think it showed me that anyone can blog, so when I came up with an idea, I decided to give it a try. It has been a wonderful experience, and my passion for the subject matter (and the relationships I'm forming as time goes on) definitely keep me going. Congrats again on your milestone!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Kelly - congrats on your one year in the blogosphere! It's wonderful that you've found your voice here. I have been blogging for 7 years now, and while my frequency fluctuates, it is something I continue to enjoy. The blogging community is so supportive, and I love how much I learn through visiting other blogs. It's a practice that has enhanced my life. As for the writing -- I am a scrapbooker at heart, and blogging is a way to record some parts of my life. It works for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! I started my blog a week before yours. My one-year blogiversary was September 6th. I love blogging and the whole kidlit community. Freelancing can be lonely and it helps to know that there are other people out there who love children's books as much as I do. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your blogiversary! It's a big accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your anniversary. I too have been enjoying sharing books and blogging.

    Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the one year anniversary of your blog! I've enjoyed reading and participating in Book Talk Tuesday on occasion. Hope you have a great second year on the blog!

    I've been blogging on my current blog for about 13 months now. Before that I used livejournal and deadjournal. I love sharing books, ideas and sometimes my writing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Blogiversary! We at GatheringBooks just celebrated our First Year Anniversary as well. I can't believe you've only been blogging for a year!!! You seem like a veteran at this.

    I've actually shared a little bit of our blogging history through this post:
    http://gatheringbooks.wordpress.com/2011/01/02/gatheringbooks-asks-myra/

    - essentially, GatheringBooks came to be because of a gathering of two beautiful young girls, two young adults and myself. And we thought, might as well put up a 'resource' that would resonate with bibliophiles such as ourselves. And here we are. :)

    Cheers once again to your one year anniversary! Here's to many more years of bookblogging.

    ReplyDelete