May 23, 2011

Book Talk Tuesday

My rules?
1. All content must be appropriate for children in grades kindergarten through eighth grade.
2. Websites that you link to must be child friendly since lots of kids visit this site and if they click on your link, I want it to be appropriate for them.
3. Positive reviews only, please... we only spread love here at The Lemme Library!
4. Books must be available in The US. (you are welcome to link to ARC reviews)
5. I reserve the right to remove any reviews that don't meet criteria 1-4.
In the link title field, be sure to include the title of the book you are reviewing and your site name. In the URL field, please link to this specific post that contains the book review (That way people don't have to scour your blog looking for it!)

 New... I have archived all previous Book Talk Tuesday Posts at this blog! Stop by and see what we have posted. I thought it would be nice to have all BTT in one spot.
This week when you comment- tell us your plans foe summer vacation!  Our summer vacation begins in 7 days. My only plan so far is to spend the entire day- from open to close- at the pool on the first day of vacation. I have promised my 7 year old that we will go all day and even eat lunch there. Other than that- we plan on hitting Chicago and Des Moines. I see lots of sidewalk chalk and trips to the park in my future!  What about you?


1.15 Delightful Summertime Stories 11.Emmy's Book of the Day 21.Chicken Butt & Kindergarten Rocks (Lit Lad) 
2.Press Here 12.Two Picture Books by Gene Barretta About Renaissance Men 22.The Emerald Atlas (proseandkahn)
3.When A Dragon Moves In (Jen Robinson's Book Page)13.Picture Book Biographies of Great Scientists & Mathematicians 23.What in the Wild? (ECS Library) 
4.True... Sort of (ICPL) 14.Bird Love 24.Sneaky Sheep (ECS Library) 
5.It all began with a bean 15.Knucklehead: Tall Tales & Mostly True Stories... (Chocolate Air) 25.Books Dogs and Frogs (Younguncle Comes to Town) 
6.Argus (Bigfoot Reads) 16.The Penderwicks (Window to the World 26.Experiment With Seeds (Wrapped in Foil) 
7.Hiary Hattenbach 17.We Are Not Eaten By Yaks (Kidsmomo) 27.Katy Duck Is a Caterpillar (Picture Books & Pirouettes) 
8.A Ferret's A Foot 18.A Drowned Maiden's Hair, Betti on the High Wire (Irene Latham) 28.Middle Grade Reads 
9.Noddy Goes to Toyland (Read Aloud Dad) 19.Summery Picture Books (Try Curiosity!) 

10.Animals Riding Bikes (Cath in the Hat) 20.The Story of Ferdinand (Children's Books to Love) 

17 comments:

  1. Summer vacation plans: hang out at the beach, hike, throw rocks in lake superior, a couple family vacations, soccer, and try to say no to all other organized activities so that the kids can just play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No big plans. The little one is signed up of a huge amount of daycamps that she's excited about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for asking about my summer plans. My summer plans are to read with my friends and to swim with my friends and to eat popsicles with my friends but only cherry popsicles because I don’t like grape or orange popsicles. Kelly, I hope you have fun at the pool and get to see sidewalk chalk drawings of rhinoceroses and giraffes and that you get to eat cherry popsicles or grape or orange popsicles if those are the flavors you like best. And other person who left a comment, I hope you have fun throwing rocks in the lake because that can be a lot of fun as long as you don’t accidentally hit a swimming telekinetic puppy or her sea monster friend or her other swimming friends. Good-bye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer plans: working as a summer school librarian in another district, doing data entry, attending local outdoor orchestra concerts and attending a renaissance faire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somebody left a link to Goodreads.com
    Although I love Goodreads, it was unclear who was writing the review... so I removed the link. If you can link to your specific Goodreads review, please repost.
    Thanks,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer plans? Getting ready for my September wedding, which includes finding a dress and finalizing the preparations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are moving this summer! From MA to FL - I see lots of boxes in my immediate future!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry for linking 3 posts, but we've discovered lots of books this last week that are too fun to keep to ourselves!
    Summer plans: going west for the month of July to attend 2 family reunions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope to accomplish everything Violet the Telekinetic Puppy has planned! Except that I love love love GRAPE popsicles and hope to eat so many that my tongue stays purple for at least half the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember those all-day pool days! Now that they're teenagers, I'll be shuttling to music camp, math camp, computer camp... lots of driving, but good stuff! Also a trip to DC, which will be a great family time. Don't forget sunscreen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We will be enjoying our winter during your summer (as we live in Australia)! Our winter plans include a first visit to the snow for a wonderful Christmas in July. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi all,
    Summer plans for me include getting back to the US for family visits in Vermont, Boston, and Cape Cod - lots of swimming, any kind of popsicle, a Red Sox game, and of course reading reading reading!
    PS: Best Wishes, Catherine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We're going to California and North Carolina to visit grandparents, drawing, learning to play the violin, making volcanoes, reading, and hanging out with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like you Kelly, I have promised my 2 year old and 4 year old lost of time at the pool and Lake Texoma. We are road tripping it this summer to South Carolina, Kentucky (and all the places in between) as well as New Orleans. Looking forward to reading lost of chapter books and laying off the picture books for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, summers, the busiest time of year for the public librarian. I will be holding weekly events for kids and teens and running a summer reading club for as many kids as I can sign up. Though I will get to take some time off in August.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We love to read lots of books when it is too hot to go outside during the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Summer plans...what a fun topic of discussion. My girls and I are going to spend most of August at my mom's house in Florida. Plenty of sun and perhaps a trip to Disney World! My lucky husband is going to stay behind and enjoy some peace and quiet for a while :)

    Hope it is ok I'm including an old post on Book Talk Tuesday this week...in fact one of the oldest posts on my blog. Lots of girls and boys are having dance recitals this time of year, so the book I picked kind of goes along with that theme. Thanks for hosting once again!!

    ReplyDelete