March 21, 2011

Book Talk Tuesday



The Linky List hasn't been working, so I posted the links right into this post.
I have been searching the web for a great place to post book reviews for librarians and teachers to use in the classroom.  Well, I am going to try hosting my own Book Talk Tuesday!  I invite teachers, moms, dads and librarians to link to a recent book talk or book review that can be used by others.
My rules?
1. All content must be appropriate for children in grades kindergarten through eighth grade.
2. Websites that you link to must be child friendly since lots of kids visit this site and if they click on your link, I want it to be appropriate for them.
3.  Positive reviews only, please... we only spread love here at The Lemme Library!
4.  Books must be available in The US. (you are welcome to link to ARC reviews)
5. I reserve the right to remove any reviews that don't meet criteria 1-4.

In the link title field, be sure to include the title of the book you are reviewing and your site name.  In the URL field, please link to this specific post that contains the book review (That way people don't have to scour your blog looking for it!)
I'd love it if you would leave a comment telling me about yourself!  You are welcome to grab the Book Talk Tuesday graphic to use it on your blog.
This is the inaugural Book Talk Tuesday!
Thank you to everyone who posted a link and visited links on our list!  I was so worried I would only have 1 link and it would be my own!  See you next week!

15 Lexie 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. Kelly,

    Good luck with your Book Talk.

    At Wrapped in Foil I review mainly nonfiction for children, but it would be nice to have a place to connect with reviews of picture books too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Book Talk Tuesday idea! So cool!

    Especially, when it is hosted by a Teacher-Librarian! Wow.

    Thanks for opening the doors to your library to all of us.

    Read Aloud Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea! I hope your Book Talk Tuesdays catch on and you receive tons of links for book reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope this catches on, too. Back when the Kidlitosphere was much smaller, Kelly Herold used to do this manually once a week. But having people enter their own links like this is the only thing that's sustainable now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for doing this, Kelly. At Bigfoot Reads, my cryptid friends and I recommend YA and children's books. Morzant the Alien interviews authors, and Briar the Psychic Beagle predicts upcoming book releases.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Idea! I am sure teachers and librarians will love all the ideas! Thanks!

    Eric
    www.happybirthdayauthor.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea Kelly! It's always fun to explore new book review sites. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting book talk Tuesday. Fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wanted to leave a book review, but I don't have a ton on our Coralville Central Library Blog! The last one I did was back in July 2010...(How embarrassing). But I love the idea! I will try very hard to have a new book review up by next Tuesday. You'll do this again, I hope? Good stuff, way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When will be the next time I can post a link to a review? And how recent do the reviews have to be? Could I link to a review within the last 3 months? last 6 months? Also, I'm running a contest in which kids write reviews and get points. There are multiple reviews per post. Could I link to one of those posts?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Iron Guy Carl
    I'm sorry you missed it this week! I plan on doing this every Tuesday from here on out! You will be able to post starting at 10 PM central time. I saw several posts this week that went back to summer 2010 with reviews of 2010 books, so 306 months is fine. The posts are for librarians/teachers/parents to use to help them select books, so I'd prefer adult-written reviews. I hope you can post next week!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete