December 6, 2010

Snowmen in the Library

Last week we welcomed snow to Iowa City!  There wasn't much snow, and it didn't build up very much, but Kindergarten didn't care!  I think 5 year olds are walking barometers!  Need to know if the weather is changing?  Look at a kindergarten class! 
We read one of my favorite books, Snowmen at Night by Carolyn Buehner (E BUE).  I have read this book at least 20 times in my career as a librarian, and not until last week did I realize the book is filled with tons of hidden illustrations.  I need to give a shout out to my buddy, Owen for pointing this out to me!  We had a blast going through the pages and looking for hidden images.  

After our story, the kids each made a snowboy or snowgirl in their own likeness... the results?  Total cuteness!  



0 comments so far! Click to comment.:

Post a Comment