September 23, 2010

Will the e-Book Kill the Hardback?

I have read every single Stephen King book... but would I read them on a Kindle or an iPad?  Stephen King thinks that ebooks are the future- and they will eventually take over the traditional book.  So what?  Does it matter?  If people are reading- isn't it ok if they are reading an ebook as opposed to a traditional book?  I love books... I love the way they feel, I love the way they smell, I love the crinkle sound the pages and spine make when you open a brand new book.  But... I also loved film in my camera, and now I rock a digital camera.  I used to love my boombox, but I threw out all my tapes and got a cd player... and I threw that out and bought an iPod... all of my music is now digital.  Will I buy an ebook reader?  The jury is still out.  And as Stephen King says, if you drop a book in the toilet, you can fish it out, dry it and read it.  But if you drop your Kindle in the toilet... you are done.  Here is his interview on Cnn... decide for yourself!

0 comments so far! Click to comment.:

Post a Comment