April 30, 2011

Wimpy Kid on the Brain

My 3 year old, Leah is obsessed with The Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie.  I had never watched the movie- I have a strict "The book is better, don't watch the movie" policy.  But, we had free HBO for the week and the movie was on- so I recorded it on DVR.  Leah and Kiley watched it And watched it.  And watched it every night for the next week.  Leah quotes the movie and insists that we call her Greg Heffley.  We had to go to the store and get her a Wimpy Kid tshirt, which she wore to school for 3 days in a row before I got it off of her and into the washer.  Then, in Barnes and Noble, she saw the Wimpy Kid action figure, which I had to buy and she proceeded to sleep with that night.  Last night we went to Rodrick Rules as a family, and to Leah, it was a good as going to Disney World.  She laughed so loud and at all the right places.  I think she even said "Holy cow!" a few times.  I don't know if Jeff Kinney intended for his movie to reach the 3 year old audience, but it has.  When I told her that there could be 2 more movies, she hugged me and said "You're the best mom EVER!".  Thank you Jeff Kinney for helping me achieve stardom with my 3 year old.  I am now in search of a Loded Diper band tshirt and may start my own Rodrick Heffley Fan Club. 

1 comment: