September 20, 2011

Take 3 Books & Call Me In The Morning!


If you've got a fever, the prescription you need is not for more cowbell. Indeed, you need a prescription for books. One of my all time favorite students, Rachel moved on to Jr. High this year. She recently had her tonsils out and is home from school recuperating. Her mom happens to work at Lemme School. Today she asked if I would pick some books out for Rachel... not a hurry, when I have time. Knowing Rachel and her passion for reading, and to save her from her father's endless requests to play Scrabble, I ran to the shelf and handed Jennie:
Tonight when I checked Facebook, I find this kind post from the patient's mommy:
This is why I get up every morning at 5:45. This is why I drag my behind through the Starbucks drive through at 7:40 am and take my own darling child to daycare. For all the paperwork, stress, chaos and tedium, this is what it's all about.

Oh, and if you don't know about cowbell, you will after you watch this:

0 comments so far! Click to comment.:

Post a Comment